Education Switches to the Cloud

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
December 11, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Patches of thick, fluffy milk-colored clouds will float peacefully through the clear blue skies above Alverno College. When clouds come to mind, one may think of cloud watching, “On Cloud Nine” or “every cloud has a silver lining.” In history, clouds have come to symbolize many things... Read more »

Labyrinth Offers Path for Prayers

Labyrinth Offers Path for Prayers

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
November 22, 2013
Filed under Community

Being a college student can leave a person stressed, exhausted and burnt out. When is the last time that you could just take a moment to breathe and hear your own thoughts? Alverno College’s Campus Ministry gives students the opportunity to gather their thoughts and take a moment for themselves... Read more »

Travel to a World of Sweets and Treats

Travel to a World of Sweets and Treats

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
November 22, 2013
Filed under News

Every now and then the craving for something sweet on your tongue motivates you to look for the last cookie in a jar or the secretly hidden chocolate bar in the fridge. This winter, fill all of those cravings for sweets and treats on a journey through Lollipop Woods with Princess Lolly in this year’s... Read more »

Students Share Christmas Wish Lists

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
November 20, 2013
Filed under Community

Remember the smell of sugar cookies in the oven, the warmth of hot cocoa on your tongue, and the glow of lights as they sparkled on the Christmas tree? Every year, Alverno puts up a Christmas tree in the Joel Read Center signaling the nearness of winter break and the end of fall classes. This year... Read more »

Event Helps Students Dress to Impress for Less

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
November 1, 2013
Filed under News

Tired of that part-time job with the same uniform every day? Want to put on your “big girl shoes”? Then it’s time to take a step up from your everyday wardrobe and dive into the professional shopping market. Don’t be discouraged when you go on this journey and find that brands like Calvin... Read more »

Forgiveness: A Gift of Joy

Forgiveness: A Gift of Joy

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
November 1, 2013
Filed under Community

“To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”—Robert Mueller This fall, Alverno College presented The Art of Happiness, a conference that held open sessions for all in the community on what happiness is, how to achieve... Read more »

Fall Back in Love with Imagination

Fall Back in Love with Imagination

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
September 24, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Looking to be inspired? Want to go on an adventure? Wake up your imaginative side with these new refreshing ideas for school. For Alverno College, the interactive media design (IMD) program offers many opportunities to reawaken your creativity if you’ve become bored sifting through the mountain... Read more »

Rock Bottom Restaurant Hits Rock Star Status

Khala Sampson, Staff Writer
September 13, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Restaurants

The red neon glow of a sign catches the eye of passersby strolling in the night, enticing them with the aroma of grilled burgers and a panoramic view of Milwaukee’s river walkway. Known as Rock Bottom Restaurant &... Read more »